Download an application here
No phone calls, please
GREETINGS FROM DAN AND KEN
We consider the Fiamma Burger staff to be a valuable asset to our business. They are the people who project our mission, vision, and personality into the day-to-day functions of the restaurant. We view Fiamma Burger as much more than a typical burger joint and have gone to great lengths to ensure this. This business has been three years (!) in the making and, in addition to sampling burgers in 12 states, we have spent thousands of hours sampling all-natural beef, studying various types of grinds, and creating custom additions like secret sauce and fresh-baked buns. We have also put a lot of time and energy into other menu items such as sides, beverages, and desserts. Ultimately, these efforts have paid off. At the Bellingham Farmers Market in 2005, our customers went berserk for our burgers! As part of our staff, your job is to see that they continue to do so while receiving excellent customer service in a clean, pleasant, and fun environment. Without customers – we don’t have a business!
As business owners, we are committed to our community, placing emphasis on local products and services as well as our environment. This, in tandem with the uncompromising quality of our food, art, and architecture will set a standard in our industry for a quick-serve restaurant. We want our service to do the same – our goal being to exceed our customers’ expectations. We want them to know that every time they come to Fiamma Burger they will get a delicious meal, be treated with respect, have a great time, and look forward to coming back.
We intend to create a progressive management culture where our staff is as important as the restaurant. Our success is based on the success of the whole – food, service, menu, and environment. This is why we emphasize hiring and inspiring great people. We instill an atmosphere of respect, honesty, commitment, and exuberance accomplished from a lead by example approach. As owners, we commit to this and expect the same from management and staff.
Fiamma Burger provides complete training, excellent benefits, a fun and pleasant work environment, and owner support. We are community players and support charities, events, and programs with the intention of being good neighbors and citizens. We are proud of our community and appreciate and respect the support it has given us.
We are looking for employees who are ready, willing, and able to contribute to all of these goals. (If you are one of these people, then be sure to put a star by your name on the job application!) They will not only uphold, but exemplify, our principles every day in addition to helping us ensure that Fiamma Burger is profitable, well run, and sustainable into the future.
Employees filling this position must be a minimum of 18 years old, preferably with previous experience operating cash registers and working in fast-paced environments.
- Greeting customers. As the first point of contact, the Cashier’s attitude is vital to the customer’s experience.
- Demonstrating accuracy and speed for optimal customer service and ensuring that the kitchen creates error-free food.
- Knowledge of products and menu items so that customer questions can be answered accurately.
- Knowledge of what can be tailored or substituted and efficiently and accurately communicating that to the kitchen via proper methods.
- Helping people get their orders placed as quickly as possible, in a diplomatic and friendly way.
When not needed at the register, this person will step into various support roles including:
- Cleaning and tidying, and general side-work labor as defined by the GM.
- Stickering and replenishing front-of-house stock.
- Making drinks.
- Consolidating orders for dine-in or take-out.
Line cooks will create consistent, high quality products on a day-to-day basis. Key functions of this position include:
Mastery of all recipes: proper assembly and presentation.
- Health and safety awareness: consistent execution of codes and requirements.
- Set up and maintenance of stations.
- Some prep work for set-up station and keeping it stocked.
- Excellent work habits with attention to detail.
- Ability to execute to standards under pressure.
Must have previous experience on lines as well as proven ability to work in a fast-paced, quick-serve kitchen.
Runners will be cross-trained to execute various tasks on an as-needed basis. This is the person who delivers
- Take-out food to the tables in a timely manner and assures that take-out orders are consolidated and given to the correct customers.
- In busy times, the Runner’s primary duty is to take food to sit-down customers and clean tables.
In slower times, and/or in addition to running food, this position will also execute the following functions (and more at the direction of the GM at any given time):
- Stocking front-of-house.
- Making drinks.
- Wiping tables and tidying the dining room and condiment bars.
This position may be cross-trained to fill in for others, or to provide back-up support when needed in busy times, but his/her primary duties are:
- Keeping all dishware organized, washed, and stored in the proper locations.
- Assuring that all dishes are washed properly at all times.
- Keeping tables cleared and clean.
- Emptying garbage at regular intervals.
- Understanding recycling procedures and assuring adherence to them at all times.
- Sweeping floors.
- Keeping back kitchen area clean and tidy.
- Restocking take-out containers.